So yesterday I stumbled across this recipe from Jamie Oliver for vegan brownies and they looked so yummy! I changed the recipe quite a lot (making it GF and substituting other ingredients) as an experiment and it tasted beautiful!
Here is the link to Jamie’s recipe: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chocolate-recipes/vegan-chocolate-brownies/
But read below for my modified version:
5 tbsp Olive Oil
200g Dark Chocolate (I recommend chocolate with 70% cocoa mass)
170g GF Self Raising Flour
3 heaped tsp Cocoa (100% cocoa mass)
180g Coconut Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven 180 degrees Celsius and grease or line a square baking tin (20cm approx.)
- Melt 150g of the chocolate and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, sieve the flour and cocoa in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and salt.
- Add the vanilla essence, oil, milk, and melted chocolate and mix together.
- Roughly chop the remaining chocolate and add to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the outside of the brownies are cooked and the middle is gooey.
- Take the brownies out and put onto a wiring rack to cool.
- Cut and enjoy!
There you have it! Even though mine turned out a bit cracked (due to not letting them cool enough before taking them out of the tin) they were still delicious! I hope you have more patience than me and allow yours to cool!
Please let me know if you like my GF healthy brownie recipe, you can comment below or email me on email@example.com
Cover image source: http://www.justcooking.ie/images/classes/25.jpg
2 Replies to “Healthy GF Chocolate Brownies”
I enjoyed reading yyour post
thank you so much!