Erica Mulkern MA is a professional dancer, teacher, choreographer and mentor based in West Yorkshire, UK. Erica is currently developing and performing her first solo work ‘Suzy Homemaker‘.
She trained at the Northern School of Contemporary Dance where she received a First Class Hons Degree and the Carolyn Woolridge Prize for highest performance marks. She also gained a Distinction in an MA in Contemporary Dance. Prior to this she completed the Foundation Course at NSCD with a Distinction.
During her time as a professional dancer she has worked with Black Box Dance Company in Denmark, Jana Bitterová, Mercurial Dance, The Hexagon Collective, Constella OperaBallet, Tina Tarpgaard, Jason Mabana, Marie Brolin-Tani, Steph Giles, Dionysia Bouzioti, Joseph Reay-Reid, Northern Dance, Lila Naruse, Jacob Stage, Melody Putu, Alexander Michael, Balbir Singh Dance Company and Gerry Turvey. Other choreographers she has worked with include: Jos Baker, Laila Diallo, Vanessa Grasse, Lila Dance, Gemma Harrison and Gwen Rakotovao. To find out more about her dance career click on the ‘Dance’ section.
Erica is a very passionate teacher and prides herself in bringing the joy of dance to all of her students. Find out about her teaching experience in the ‘Teaching and Choreography’ section.
Alongside her dance career, Erica is an internationally published dance and fashion Model. Find more information in the ‘Model’ section.
Erica has Dual Nationality (English and Greek) and has both English and Greek passports.
She is Enhanced DBS Certified, Safeguarding Children Advanced Level 2 Qualified, Safeguarding Young People Colleges and Universities Qualified, A Guide to UK Data Protection: Education Qualified, Equality and Diversity Qualified, The Prevent Duty Colleges and Universities Qualified, Emergency First Aid at Work Qualified (2021-2024) and a Licensed Chaperone (2021-2024).
- Carolyn Woolridge Performance Prize for the highest marks for her performances at NSCD. (2017)
- Runner up in ‘Out of Chaos’ online video submission competition with ‘Medea’ directed by Dionysia Bouzioti. (2020)
- Urdang International Dance Competition Online (choreography on a student won the Senior Category). (2020)
- Part of her academic teachings have been published in the thesis: FOUNDATIONS: A Phenomenological Treatise on Radicalism & the Nature of Thermodynamic Being Volume 1 in “The Social Estuary” Version 01 By Jordan M. Novak. (2021)
- Gold Award for ‘Medea Inside’ in Milan Gold Awards directed by Dionysia Bouzioti. (2022)
- Original Choreography ‘Underworld’ for Leeds University Union Ballet Society won 4 trophies overall including Best Technique award during the National 21/22 competition season. (2022)
- Original Choreography ‘The Waiting Room’ for Leeds University Union Modern Dance Society won 8 trophies (the most awarded routine in the whole society for this competition season) including Best Concept, Best Choreography and Best Performance during the National 21/22 competition season. (2022)