I love to bake, but I do not like baking when it includes heaps of sugar, butter and other things that aren’t that good for us! So I have been perfecting a recipe that is very healthy and also gluten free; I looked at lots of other recipes so I guess mine is a big jumble of all of them with my own twists and ideas, I hope you enjoy!
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 large bananas
- ¼ cup milk (can also use soya/almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to add on top of the banana bread
- 1¾ cups gluten free self raising flour (you can also use white whole wheat flour if you are not gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius and add baking paper to a 9×5-inch loaf tin (or whatever size loaf you have)!
- In a big bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, mash the bananas and then whisk in the bananas and milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Finally, swap to a big wooden spoon and stir in the flour, until just combined- we don’t want to over mix!
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and sprinkle lightly with the extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
So there we go! Super healthy gluten free banana bread (and potentially dairy free if you wish!) This recipe works in a loaf tin as well as a cake tin- as you can see in the pictures. Happy baking x
2 Replies to “Super Healthy Gluten Free Banana Bread!”
I’m exactly the same – love to bake, not that keen on sugar and butter! Great recipe, thanks for sharing 🙂
No problem, happy baking! X